Are you concerned for the security and protection of your PC from malware attacks? Get the best VPN for PC in 2020 and stay stress-free.
The majority of the people handling computers use Windows 10 as their operating system in today’s world. A strong Windows VPN support is enough to keep your system from all virus activities. There are several perks of using a Windows VPN service on your PC. Firstly, Windows VPN hosting is a cheaper option. You get more options in hand with Windows than any other VPN service. Almost all Virtual Private Network provider caters to Windows-compatible network and features.
However, you surf the internet through a Macbook then you need a Linux-compatible VPN server. Linux VPN servers are said to provide more security than any Windows server.
Owing to the huge collection of VPN service providers in the market, choosing the best one becomes a little difficult. I have prepared this article to help you with your confusion. Here I have mentioned the points you should check while choosing the correct VPN service for your system and listed out the top 5 trending VPN servers for 2020.
The Tricks to Choosing The Best VPN for PC
Before you go ahead with choosing the best VPN for PC, understand where your PC’s security stand. If you are using a Macbook, Linux OS is the most secure platform. Users believe that Linux firewalls protect the OS from every malware attack. With the new edition of Microsoft coming into the scenario, people developed a similar notion for Windows 10 as well. Many don’t even use antivirus on their system.
However, if you work online for a longer duration of your day, or an owner of an e-commerce platform, getting a VPN server is very essential. There are many controversial issues pertaining to your OS’s privacy. There is no harm in being “too careful” for your OS when your personal security is involved.
Here are the tricks of the trade that will help you choose the best VPN for PC-
- Look for a VPN server that has a reputation for all-rounder performance.
- P2P support is very essential when you are operating a Virtual Private Network.
- Check for the server speed guaranteed by the service provider.
- A user-friendly platform is always appreciable.
- The price aspect can’t be neglected under any circumstances. Check the package cost and the features you are getting with the VPN serve to ensure that you got a fair deal.
Sometimes we like to pay some extra bucks if we know that we are getting something better. A similar notion goes with ExpressVPN. We have listed this on top of our list as it features all the necessary assets we seek in a VPN. There is no quality compromising when you get ExpressVPN for your system.
The 5 Best VPN for PC in 2020
Here is the list of the 5 best VPN for PC in 2020. Check the features of each of the VPN here and compare. Purchase a VPN service package which suits you the most.
I mentioned this above, this is an all-rounder and the best VPN for PC you can ask for. We highly recommend ExpressVPN for Windows users. They offer excellent server support throughout 94 countries and 160 VPN points. All over the world, there are 3000+ servers under this VPN.
The services of this VPN are tested and tried and they yielded nothing but great results with regards to the speed in the local serves and connections that went long-distance.
The Windows 10 users claim the availability of feature-packed UI with the VPN service such as server-related recommendations. multiple protocols, and even the kill-switch technology. If you love torrenting, you will like its split-tunneling features. It restricts your activities to a single browser increasing the speed of work. A bonus feature here is the browser extension accessibility to control the VPN.
The VPN comes with a dedicated app for Windows connections which allows the user to change servers without turning off the original connection.
Exclusive server features:
- Easy to use interface that displays your last used servers, making reconnection easier
- Servers allow you to cater to multiple needs of the PC users.
- Their protocols involve no data logging policy to keep your IP address discrete while you engage in online searching.
- There is a tray icon on the VPN extension browser which helps you operate your security. You can make changes to your IP location by modifying it from that icon.
- You get instant relief from your problems while using the VPN with the 24×7 live chat support.
- The Smart Locator feature of the VPN app helps in connecting you to the nearest server option.
VPN Service Plans:
ExpressVPN offers 3 service plans to its buyers-
- A 1-month package for $12.95 per month
- There is a 6-months package for $9.99 per month
- The 1-year package is a saver plan that comes for $6.67 per month
- ExpressVPN is compatible with Windows OS, Linux, iOS, Mac, and Android.
- It is user-friendly and comes in an app form for Windows PC users.
- You can operate 5 connections simultaneously when you have this VPN support on your system.
- The servers are high-speed and free of connection errors.
- You get a customer support service for 24×7.
- Get a 30-days moneyback guarantee with every package you purchase.
- The service packages are expensive.
IPVanish is a 4.5-star rated VPN service provider that is known to provide unlimited connections under a single network. This VPN is operated at 75 different locations in the world and offers over 1500 servers globally. The client interface of this VPNis well-designed to suit the needs of a beginner as well as an expert. It is ideal to cater to the PC users’ needs and offer them with basic and advanced features settings. This is one of the most favorite VPN for people you are interested in torrenting. It is also great for the P2P movement.
When you use the IPVanish VPN, you will get the vibe that it was designed to mostly cater to Windows 10 users. Our trial rounds showed an increase in the speed of operation of the VPN by 20%. Such enhancement in speed is highly appreciable.
Exclusive server features:
- You can understand the server speed from the smart downloader graph with the VPN extension.
- The content menu at the starting is simple and quick.
- Presence of a kill-switch for privacy protection; it remains turned off until you manually get it on.
- Multiple language options are available for Windows users like Spanish, Hindi, and Russian.
- They follow a no-log policy and keeps your identity and search results discrete.
- Other protection protocols include 256-bit encryption over SSTP, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
VPN service plans:
IPVanish might not be the cheapest VPN service provider but the plans are quite reasonable.
- The base plan for a 1-month package comes for $8 per month
- There is a quarterly plan for $7.20 per month
- The yearly package is quite reasonable and comes for $5.20 per month
- The VPN support is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Get unlimited connections
- Portrays high functionality and features
- The performance report is very fine
- The interface is user-friendly
- It comes with a 30-days moneyback guarantee
- Provides a 24×7 customer chat support
- The network takes time get accustomed
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPN services available worldwide, especially by people who love to stream movies online or enjoy Torrenting. The VPN operates from 80+ global locations and has about 5400+ servers.
There are good reasons behind considering Nord as the best VPN for PC. It mainly features strong security protocols. The security measures are so stringent that certain data even get processed with Double VPN or two different VPN servers. Apart from the Double VPN servers, you are also protected with network encryptions from web traffic. Other security encryptions that layer NordVPN security protocols and make it the most secured VPN service are-
- Kill switch
Apart from the attractive security poplicy there are other policies that helps the VPN to rank high.
Exclusive VPN Features:
- It is user-friendly and can be set up fast
- The interface is compact with essential client support
- It is P2P-friendly
- The VPN service follows a no-log policy to keep searches discrete
VPN Service Plans:
NordVPN offers multiple service plans, including long-duration options. Services here are pretty affordable if you are considering the multi-year option over monthly subscription.
- The monthly subscription plan costs $11.95 per month
- There is a 6-months service plan for $9 per month
- The 2-years subscription costs $3.71 per month
- NordVPN is available for Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux
- You can use 6 connections simultaneously in the server
- The performance of Nord is recorded above average
- High protection with double data encryption
- Get 24×7 customer chat support
- It offers 30-days money-back guarantee to the users
- The interface faces client problems while resizing clients’ window when you access the European servers
- UI issues are prevailing in the server
With a 6300+ server located in 110+ global spots, CyberGhost is one of the most popular Windows compatible VPN servers in the world. Though the server-client is very strong, the VPN has managed to remain user-friendly. The credit goes to the lightweight and clean interface here. The features you get here are suitable for both the experts and the newbies in the field.
The server operation of CyberGhost is very similar to that of ExpressVPN. It uses smart system access trays for a fast connection with various servers. Apart from that, you experience great security features and privacy protocols.
Exclusive VPN features:
- Comes with a kill switch and ad-blockers
- Follows all standard security and privacy protocols like 256-AES encryption
- The majority of global servers provide fast connections and high-speed networks.
VPN Service Plans:
The monthly package is apparently very expensive, yet the long-term plans are cost-effective.
- The monthly subscription comes for $12.99 per month
- There is a half-yearly plan for $7.99 per month
- The yearly plan is cheap and available at $2.75 per month
- VPN servers are highly compatible with Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, and iOS
- You can operate 7 connections under one server
- You get a highly cost-effective yearly package
- They offer a 45-days moneyback guarantee
- Strong security features
- A large server of networks
- 24×7 customer chat support
- The client is configurable and powerful
- The monthly package is very expensive
- The ad-blockers slow down the servers often
- There are no free-trials
- The customer support team is not very knowledgeable
If you are looking for a cheap VPN server, Surfshark is your answer. With over 100 global locations and 1700+ servers, Surfshark is one of the most popular VPN servers in the world. It is globally accepted that the features really work as the selling points of this VPN.
Setting up the VPN in your system is very easy, especially if you are a Windows 10 user. Once you have downloaded the VPN in your system, you just need to run the begin its magic. The interface is specially designed to support Windows. It makes resizing easier with this VPN. It is ideal if you are a beginner in the field. Experts are likely to get cranky with the service.
Netflix online streaming is another reason for people liking Surfshark. It is very supportive of online streaming and torrenting platforms. If you feel your connection is dropping, the kill switch is strong enough to restore the server.
Exclusive VPN features:
- The first point of sale here is the price. Nothing can beat the rate you get here.
- You can cover every possible device for online streaming under a single subscription, including a Smart TV.
- The VPN setup is extremely easy and created for the beginners.
- The interface adapts easily with windows resizing and is very responsive.
- Get a choice of security and privacy encryptions like IKEv2, Shadowsocks, Open VPN, AES-256 encryption, private DNS, etc.
VPN service plans:
All the service plans, except for the monthly subscription, offered by Surfshark is highly affordable.
- The monthly package starts from $12.95 per month
- The 6-months packages come for $6.49 per month
- You get the yearly package for the best deal at $2.49 per month
- The VPN is compatible with Windows, iOS, Linux, and Android
- It offers multiple and unlimited connection options
- The VPN comes with a 30-days moneyback guarantee
- There is a strong 24×7 customer support team
- Services are value for money
- Servers cover numerous PCs and online movie streaming devices
- User-friendly and easy to set up
- The server is very basic and doesn’t suit the needs of experts.
Read More :
Final Thoughts on The Best VPN for PC
We have listed out the 5 best VPN for PC. Check which features and price suit you the best and get your secured Virtual Private Network today. Once you have this VPN in your PC you will easily remain hidden from all malware activity and hacking.