Are you looking for the best photo editing software for PC? We are here to provide you a list of all great photo editors for your system.
Why do you need a photo editing software for your PC? May use phot editors for work purposes and some for fun. No matter, which editor you get, choose one that is easy to use.
How to choose the best photo editing software for PC?
There is plenty of photo editing software available for PC. How do you choose an ideal photo editor for your work? These are few features of good photo editors that you might check to get an idea on which is the best option for your PC-
- Look for the formats supported by the editor
- Check if the editor is offering standard tools for editing like crop, resize, brightness adjustment, etc.
- Ensure the editor has tools for organizing the edited images
- Check for the photo-sharing options
Though it is not one of the features, the charges applicable to software usage will be a determinant of the software to choose from. You will come across any options while searching online. Remember to check these traits to ensure you have the best software for your PC.
Top 10 free photo editing software for PC:
Many photo editors are ideal for PC usage. Depending on what you are going to use it for, refer to the characters of each of the editors and choose a great one for yourself.
Here we have listed the top 10 photo editors for you in detail. See which one suits you.
1. Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Photoshop CC is probably the best software for photo editing you can get for your PC. You can download this software on your PC for free. The best part is, this is available for both Windows and Mac system users.
This photo editor has been ideally designed for the use of designers and photographers. You need to name the editing tool and it is available in the software. Right from retouching an image to correcting the color, the software takes care of it all.
They had been ruling the market since 1989 and almost changed the course of photography and editing since then.
For amateurs, who don’t require too many photo editing features, Adobe Photoshop comes with a standard plan that can be downloaded for free.
- Realme V5 launch on 27 July 2020
- Samsung Galaxy M31S launch on 30 July 2020 (India)
- Honor 9A, Honor 9S launch on 31 July 2020 (India)
- Nubia Red Magic 5S launch on 28 July 2020
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series launch on 05 August 2020 (Expected)
- Supports all exciting formats of photo
- Contains a good number of tools for editing photos
- Provides active support regarding the forum and technicalities
- Offers different action, brushes, filters, overlays, and textures
- Helps in the creation of exclusive logos and design banners
- Good for digital painting and editing
- It has a complex interface
- It has certain tools that are not compatible with progress checker
- Functions and features are not suitable for beginners
2. Adobe Lightroom CC
If you have photo editing in batches, it’s Adobe Lightroom CC you need to look for. This is a photo editor that works on the photo graphics and mainly is used for correcting the photos. Starting from red-eye correction, color adjustment to batch editing, everything can be done in just a click by using this software.
Unlike Photoshop, Lightroom doesn’t have too many photo editing tools. This software was made from scratch to focus more on functionality.
Does this sound more complicated than Photoshop? Well, it’s not all that difficult. The interface is user-friendly and probably one of the best in the market. The tools provided here are more upgraded and hence the all color correction and other editing happen easily in a click.
- User-friendly for beginners
- Correction of colors is very professional
- The source photo gets saved automatically
- You can work on more than 1 picture simultaneously
- There are various presets
- The catalog process causes inconvenience in use
- This software is not meant for giving photos a professional retouching
3. Skylum Luminar 4
Skylum Luminar 4 is the best when it comes to correcting deep colors or making an object vanish from the photo. The editor comes with exclusively rich features and easy-to-use tools, completely meant for advanced level of photo editing. The newest edition of this software is said to be as good as Adobe Lightroom. When you use the software along with PS Plug-in, the functionality broadens and makes it equal to Photoshop.
- Editing RAW images are supported
- It is suitable for use as a Plug-in for Lightroom and Photoshop
- Supports layered editing
- Extremely user-friendly
- The cloning and healing tools are not that improved.
4. InPixio Photo Studio Ultimate
InPixio Photo Studio Ultimate is a software that is supposed to have an advanced capability of editing and organizing photos in your PC.
This is a one-software-solution for all your top-grade projects for photo editing and wonderous special effects on images. The operational procedure of the software is very easy and fast. With a few clicks on this software, you can achieve-
- Color correction
- Brightness and contrast adjustment
- Remove imperfections
- Repair and restore old images
- Clone stamps are professional
- Backgrounds are editable and erasable in a few clicks
- Corrects the perspectives convenient for the images
- Allows in-depth color rectification in a semi-automatic manner
- Image editing in batches are not supported
5. Capture One Pro
Are you looking for the best photo editing software for PC that replaces lightroom and also comes with features of Photoshop? If yes, then Capture One Pro is the ideal solution to it.
Capture One Pro, previous Light phase Capture, is a software for people who need professional editing, especially in photo retouching. The editing tools offered by the software is unique and more powerful than Photoshop. You can now edit your images with a professional touch to them.
Moreover, being similar to the Lightroom software, Capture One Pro permits you to reset the editing. This activity can increase the speed of correction.
An important point for photographers here, if you are using a Phase One camera then this is the best tool for editing all your images.
- Provides many tools and functions
- Export and import of photos happens very quickly
- Well-developed layers and masks in editing
- Offers Cloud storage space
- The high configuration is needed in the PC
- The software usage is expensive
- The interface is complicated
6. Movavi Photo Editor
Movavi Photo Editor is the best photo editing software for PC, specially designed for beginners in the field. This software was built keeping in mind those individuals who don’t seek advanced graphics and photo editing. The tools you get here are very simple and does simple tasks like-
- Adjust the contrast, sharpness, and brightness
- Removes objects that are not needed in an image
- Adds customized texts
- Replaces and resizes the background
You can export the edited photo in just one click of the mouse, it’s that simple.
- Supports all the formats that are popular for graphics editing
- Doesn’t demand any resources
- The UI is very straightforward to use
- There are different types of filters available in the software
- You can get a trial version for free but it comes with limited access
- The software is not optimized for use in mobiles and devices other than a PC
7. ON1 Photo RAW
Do you want a simple software for editing your photos? Try ON1 Photo RAW. This is a software for users of Mac, Linux, and Windows alike. It can be easily considered as one of the best editors in use in 2020. You get the simplicity of Lightroom on one hand and Capture one PRO tools on the other.
Tools available on this software are highly powerful and helps you to correct different photo defects in a few clicks. You can use this software for performing various editing work like photo retouching, or color rectification.
The interface might appear a little confusing for you. But it’s a simple one to use and understand. Moreover, if you get stuck with the editing work, you can always use the support system of the software.
Comparing with other Softwares:
While you are using this app, you need to remember that this can’t be used as an alternative software for Photoshop. However, you can surely find some important features in the software that might be helpful with photo editing. Again, you need to remember, tools here are not sufficient like Photoshop.
The only notable fault in this software is probably its speed. It doesn’t perform enough fast and there is a lag in work. If you are using ON1 Photo RAW in the background, the photo export is likely to consume a lot of time. You can’t expect the speed of Lightroom even when you view the photos in the software gallery.
- Involves one-time installing payment and the money is relatively low.
- Allows the use of a 1-month trial account without subscription and lengthy account login procedure.
- The app is as simple as Adobe Lightroom.
- This software uses the parameters and variable features of Capture One Pro.
- ON1 Photo RAW comes with the newest approach of viewing photos on your PC.
- The background photo export process is very slow.
- Uses a few presets which are original.
- It is not a replacement for Photoshop.
8. Affinity Photo
Affinity photo is a software specially crafted for Mac users. However, you can also use this in Windows devices. If you are looking for a software that has raster graphics editing tools for images, then this is the software to look up to. There is a wide array of tools that will help you with correcting the colors, photo retouching, etc. Tools here, are not only used for editing photos, but also painting, and correcting defects.
These editing tools are highly advanced and you can get about 60 different configurable special effects, brushes, or filters to use while editing. To add to the benefits, you get a real-time photo display function in the tools. The more you use the software the more knowledge you gain. With little practice, you can master layered photo editing for a group of photos.
- A good range of basic photo editing tools
- The interface is simple
- All tools are not well-developed
- There are limitations to retouching of photos
How would you like to have instant image transformation while editing? If you want instant effect in your editing, then you need to work with PhotoWorks.
This a robust photo editor for PC with advanced AI. The software makes photo editing and retouching very simple for beginners. The software has an interface that is straightforward and shows improvement automatically. Here, you will find more than 150 photo editing effects that get implemented in just a click of a mouse.
For editors who do it for fun, it’s great to have software that has a smart editing interface when it comes to face correction. Do you want to use this software and convert your images into masterpieces? You can give them a shot with their free session for trials.
- Top-grade tools for retouching portraits
- Create landscapes in just a few seconds
- Majority of the effects happen in just a click of a mouse
- It’s easy to add captions and watermarks over here
- The software doesn’t support layered editing of photos
PaintNet is an ideal replacement for photoshop digital drawing tool. This is free software that supports raster graphics editing of photos, specially created for windows devices. By using this software you get perform semi-professional photo editing works only. When we say semi-professional work, it generally means a basic photo editing like color rectification and basic retouching work.
Not only is this software for basic use, but also digital editing. Moreover, there is a major issue with the software. This was created based on a code that has closed sources. This means you are not allowed to make changes to the programming code of the soft, make any annual changes, or repair any editing mistakes. However, it allows to layered image editing for multiple photos.
- It’s a free software
- The interface is very simple to use
- there are many tools for photo editing
- The software is only available for Windows devices
- Photo retouching is weak and has limitations
- The interface is very slow at editing
Suggested Articles :
The final touch on the best photo editing software for PC
We have discussed the 10 best photo editing software for PC. Did you find the software you were looking for?
There are much more available online. But if you want the best we suggest you stick to the top 10 for best photo editing experience.
These tool laden software are great for both beginners and professionals alike.