photo editing apps for Android : Photo editing in your Android phones might not always turn out as amazing as you expect. It can be very disappointing at times. To help you recover from that dissatisfaction, we have listed the best photo editing apps for Android.
If you are not happy using the basic photo editors on. your phone, you need something more. You need apps that are light as well as feature-laden. People who are active on Social media often use different photo editing tools. But those tools aren’t good enough for customized effects. For any specialized effect, you will need a smart app to do this work.
What do people look for in the best photo editing apps for Android?
When you get a photo ending app for your phone, check if it matches your requirement. Apart from checking on your needs, there are certain features that a good app should provide. See if the app chosen by you has these features-
- The app should be interactive and appealing to the user
- Ensure the app has a user-friendly interface
- An app is never good if it doesn’t even have basic features like crop, resize, flip, rotate, etc.
- A good app will always have editing features to work on the filters
- Check if the app has the feature of the in-app photoshoot.
- Switching in between editing should be easy
- Editing should be optimized in a single touch
10 Best photo editing apps for Android in 2020
Here we have a list of 10 best photo editing apps for Android that is ruling the market in 2020. We are listing them below for your reference along with their features. Check-out the features of each of the apps and decide which one suits you.
- Photoshop Express
- Fotor Photo Editor
- PicsArt Photo Studio
- YouCam Perfect
- Photo Lab
- Toolwiz Photos-Pro Editor
1. Photoshop Express
Photoshop Express is an app version of photo editor by Adobe for Androids and other mobiles that increases your editing mobility. This is the most preferred app for android photo editing. When you are using this, you experience the power, speed, and ease of photo editing on your mobile. Name any feature, the app is full of them starting from rotating to flip to special effects.
Photoshop Express editing tools and features are very advanced. There are different effects, auto-fixes, colors, frames, etc. You can filter these in a single touch on your Android screen. Moreover, there are other features like the Image Rendering Engine and Noise Reduction, which makes the app awesome.
Photoshop Express special features:
- Instant photo editing in every click
- The app has 80+ filters for using instant editing
- This app allows RAW importing and editing of the photos.
- For poorly taken perspective photo editing there is a perspective rectification feature available
- The Image rendering Engine is good for handling the heavy files like Panorama images
- Noise Reduction feature works on unwanted speckle and grain reduction in night images
- You can share edited images instantly over social media websites like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook also
- This is a free app from GooglePlay
- The app is free of pushed advertisements
2. Fotor Photo Editor for Android photo editing
Fotor Photo Editor falls under the category of one of the most recommended apps in 2020. The editor has tonnes of modern tools and features that enhance images to their best. Moreover, there are filters and effects that are suitable for applicable whenever you edit a photo. No wonder this is one of the best photo editing apps for Android.
Did you know that there are 10 customized editing functions in this app? These edit functions are great for modifying the photo brightness, contrast, exposure, etc. There are even templates for collages editing in the application.
Fotor Photo Editor features for Android use:
- The editor is rich in special features as well as a platform for licensing.
- Fotor is a free downloadable application. However, there are advertisements in the app.
- There are numerous templates for collages like Magazine and Classic.
- You get to enhance the instant adjustment capabilities by adding the “slide on-screen” features.
3. PicsArt Photo Studio
PicsArt Photo Studio is holding its position amongst the top 3 favorites for photo ending apps since 2019. The app received more than 100 million downloads. The fact is very clear that the app has excellent editing features that attract more and more users worldwide. But, what exactly is the reason behind this success? It is the innumerable options for customization in editing.
Are you a fan of posting photos over social media platforms? If yes, this app has the most exciting features, i.e., image sharing access on social networks and an in-built camera system. Apart from social media benefits, you also get to make collages, choose a frame, or draw something on the app.
PicsArt Photo Studio features:
- If you want to add special effects to your photo, you can use the brush-mode for selective application of the effects.
- There is a slow enhancement in the AI-powered photo effects.
- Use the built-in camera to get live effects on your photos.
- You can adjust and use transparency and layers for a double exposure setting.
- This app is freely downloadable from GooglePlay. However, there are ads that you need to handle.
Snapseed is considered one of the most powerful photo editing apps for Android by Google. There are several features in this application. The app offers an interface that is extremely user-friendly and easily navigable. While operating the app all you need to do is tap open a file you like.
There are 29 different editing tools and many filters which modify the photo look during editing. File exporting is very easy with the app. You can easily transfer the editing images or share them with your friends.
- The app allows the editing of RAW DNG files and exporting them in the form of JPEG.
- This application is 100% free form Google Play and devoid of advertisements.
- There is a theme in this app for native darkness.
- You can select a filter-brush from the tools for editing specific area of the image.
- Set the preset you customized in the settings and apply it to the images you edit late.
PhotoDirector is a multi-purpose app for editing images. The app has a user-friendly and stylish interface for quick adjustment of image tone and color. This app has editing tools that are very simple for operation, yet are very powerful.
Do you want your pictures to have a live effect on them? If yes, then use the built-in camera of the app while you take a snap. There are features in the application that allows instant sharing of edited photos over social networking sites like Flickr, Facebook, Instagram, and more.
PhotoDirector features as one of the best photo editing apps for Android:
- This photo editor for Android is available for free download along with purchases in-app. However, there are advertisements in the app.
- The Content-aware tool ensures the removal of unwanted items in a picture or photobombers.
- There are many preset artistic image effects like Vignette, Lomo, HDR, etc.
- If the image has any kind of fog, mist, or haze, it can be removed by the Dehaze tool.
- If you want effects only on certain particular areas, you need to use Photo Fx tool.
6. YouCam Perfect
YouCam Perfect is an in-demand photo editing app for Android since 2019. This is an extremely useful and easy-to-use app for who like to edit on the move, yet like to take a nice portrait picture of themselves. Not only do you click a portrait here, but you also get to beautify the image.
When you use a photo editor on your image, why not try the special features as well? The app comes with special effect features like a touch-based filter, rotate and crop feature, Background blurring with the use of mosaic-pixelates, etc.
When we said about beautification earlier, we meant the removal of eye bags from the image. body slimming, waist-shrinking, etc., effects. Overall, this app is the perfect combination of all the great features that you should consider while choosing the best photo editing apps for Android.
Ever tried taking a video selfie on your phone? You can do it with the application.
YouCam Perfect Android photo editing app features for 2020:
- There are features for beautification with skin tone improvement effects for both videos and still images.
- The app has a tool called”Cutout and object remover”.
- If you have a group selfie with the app, it can identify faces by using the tool for multi-face detection.
- For people who forget to smile while taking photos, the app has a special feature called “Smile”.
- This app comes for free along with in-app feature purchases. However, this one too has ads to deal with.
7. Photo Lab
This may not be as popular as the above-mentioned apps, but, Photo Lab is sure to add a distinctive touch to your images. Photo Lab has a collection of more than 900 special effects for photos like that of photomontages, beautiful photo frames, styling filters, creative effects, etc. These are really good when it comes to making great collages.
The app interface is highly intuitive and simple, and you can manage the app quite easily. The tools you get here might not be very fancy but, they are simple, basic, and useful. Even though the tools are not very advanced, it allows the user to save the edited pictures in the mobile gallery to be shared later. However, the app has its drawback. Whenever you edit a photo here, it leaves a watermark on the images if you are using the free app.
Photo Lab features like a photo editing app for Androids:
- There is both a free and paid version of the application.
- The app has 50 different styles listed for single-touch editing.
- There is an advanced algorithm for face detection in face image montages.
AirBrush is an easy editing application for Androids with user-friendly tools and filters for retouch and beautiful finishing touch your images. This app also has an interface with an in-built camera, adding to the live effects on the photos.
Furthermore, the app has a reciprocal interface with exciting tools like that of “Pimple remover”, teeth whitening, etc. These photos, once edited can be uploaded or shared on social media with this application.
Features of AirBrush photo editing app:
- This is a free app for downloading; however, there adds and in-app purchases applicable.
- There are attractive editing tools like Blemish, Body slimmer, and both radiant and natural filters.
- The app has a nature called “Natural Radiance” to add a naturally beautiful look on portraits.
9. Toolwiz Photos-Pro Editor:
Do you need an all-in-one photo editing app for your Android? If yes, you should try the Toolwiz Photos-Pro Editor app today! This app has more than 200 tools that are not only powerful but also help in collage creation, saturation adjustment, and so on.
The interface here is minimalistic and elegant operation. What makes the app one of the best photo editing apps for android are its features and user-friendly interface. However, there is a small issue with the application. The tools you get here are not updated for almost 2 years. So, before you get struck by surprise, these apps are not all trendy.
Toolwiz Photos-Pro Editor features:
- This app is also a free one.
- There are both artistic and magic filters in this app.
- Tools here are great for small editing like red-eye correction, dermabrasion, and so on.
- You get support for mask and shadow out here.
- There are more than 200 text fonts to be applied to the photos.
The Pixlr app is suitable for users under every category, be a beginner, or a pro photo editor. The app has every editing tool you can think of along with more than 2 million free combinations for photo effects, filters, and overlays. There various options for background, spacing, or even layouts when you are making a collage on the app. There are photo styles like ink sketching or doodle.
Also, sharing these photos over the internet is very easy.
Features of Pixlr photo editing application:
- You can mark favorite overlays and effects.
- Enhancements tools can be used in a single touch.
- This too is free; however, there are purchasable and ads in the app.
- You can make a collage by adding around 25 images.
- Get automatic color balancing with the auto-fix feature.
Suggested Articles :
Now you have a complete list of the best photo editing apps for Android. Which one suits your needs? Check the features thoroughly and try a trendy option for the best effects.